1925: John F. Hynes and John Finnegan started their business with a $1,069.75 order from The Canton Art Metal Company. They began to offer shipments direct from the steel mill, a practice that led to a long-standing tradition of combining competitive pricing with fast delivery.
1928: Hynes and Finnegan leased their first warehouse in Wickliffe, Ohio.
1930s: Hynes and Finnegan purchased land and erected a new building, and began developing their roll formed expertise.
1946: Hynes and Finnegan dissolved their original partnership and formed three separate corporations: The Hynes Steel Products Company, the Roll Formed Products Company and the Hynes-Finnegan Realty Company.
1958: The company became the exclusive product distributors in its region for the Reynolds Metal Company.
1965: The Hynes Family of Companies was sold to W.W. Bresnahan and J.P. Hyland. The two executives expanded the company's product offerings and launched the Rolled Wire Products Company.
1980s: William J. Bresnahan was appointed company president, and his father, W.W. Bresnahan, assumed the position of chairman of the board.
1990s: A decade of growth for the company. Hynes Steel Products, Hynes Roll Formed Products and Hynes Rolled Wire Products began to stand out as distinct operating divisions. The company also pursued and received ISO 9001 certification, which further contributed to on-time delivery performance, and to reducing internal scrap and eliminating rejections.
2000s: Another decade of growth and expansion for Hynes brought two new facilities on line to support the growing roll formed products demand. And while the recession did impact the company, they successfully navigated the storm — reinforcing their reputation as an industry leader.
2014: Resilience Capital Partners acquires majority ownership of Hynes. The Cleveland-based private equity firm focuses on investing in and improving lower mid-market companies in niche-oriented manufacturing, value added distribution and business services.